Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Brother

We often encourage Joshua in his role as the Big Brother. We talk to him about be a protector of his little sisters, defending his sisters, encouraging them when they are struggling with something, and loving them-even when it is hard. These are not only traits to instill in a big brother but also a little boy who will one day be a husband.

Anyway, back to being 6 years old...he is also a teacher to them which is evident in the conversation I had with Lydia today. First, a little history, Joshua loves animals and reads and studies them all the time.

This morning we were going to Sugar and Spice Doughnut Shop.
Me, "Lydia you are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, does that mean you are made of doughnuts?"
Lydia (with a very serious face) "No, I'm made of ham."
Me "Ham? Why do you say that?"
Lydia, "Cause I'm made of meat."
Me, "Meat?"
Lydia, "Yes, if a meat-eater animal saw me, he would eat me, because I am made of meat, I guess ham."

Thank you God that Lydia has such a wonderful big brother!

No comments: