Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You Are Special Today

I did not hit the snooze button yesterday when my alarm abruptly interrupted my sleep at 6:15. I had a lot to do. It was one of those days that I woke up feeling behind. After doing my morning Bible Study and prayer time (which I have to admit, was more rushed than it should have been), I jumped into the shower and began planning every minute of my day which included but was not limited to graduation practice for Joshua, library, bank, 2 loads of laundry, balancing checkbook, sorting the mail/bills and creating treatment plans for tomorrow's work day...all by noon because I had to be at work at 1:00.

Obviously there would be no time to play with the kids today.

I came downstairs trying to figure out what I could prepare for breakfast that would be quick and not create a big mess. I walked into the kitchen and found this on the counter. The note reads "for mom today, Love Joshua."

In our home, it is a true privilege to eat on the You are Special Today plate. Being the mommy and the cook, I have never eaten on it.

It was more than a privilege for me...it was an answer to a prayer I had said that morning. Please Lord, during this crazy day, remind me of what is important to you and help me be a godly wife and mom.

He answered my prayer with a plate, a handwritten note, and a 5 year old boy who thinks I am special.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh that makes my heart melt.
So precious.

Leah said...

I just happened upon your blog through someone else's tonight and thought this was so precious! We have one of those special plates...I need to get it out and use it! :) Thanks for the reminder.

Leah Smith