Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Our baby girl

Initially, I was going to post some of the photos that I have taken over the previous years that best reflect Katherine's personality. I soon realized that it would not only be a record-breaking long post, but that there would actually be only about two people interested in reading it...Steve and myself. In that case, we might as well just look through my photo albums together.

So what we have are just some pictures. No real theme, which is driving the obsessive-compulsive part of me crazy. I don't even think the photos are in chronological order...not that I did not try, but my computer will not let me move them around for some reason.

It is amazing how different each of our children are! I actually thought that since Katherine was the youngest of three very young children that she would be passive, patient, and flexible-because of her environment. Because her mom would be busy with meeting the needs of a then 3 and 2 year old, that she would know somehow that the world did not revolve around her. What I totally forgot...was that nuture was only a piece of the puzzle. What I failed to consider is nature!!! Katherine is the polor opposite of my flawed assumptions! She is fiesty, deteremined, independent, brave, extemely extroverted; and when allowing me to steer her in the right direction-a total blast! She has never met a stranger...not the man on the tractor at the gas station, the checker at the grocery store, the young man working at the jewelry store, or the guy at the Verizon store (who by the time we left was showing her pictures of his cat and dogs).


Katherine loves playing with her baby dolls or anything that she can feed and dress and hold and push in a stroller.


Her first birthday.


She has no fear...and dives into life headfirst...literally sometimes.


She is always cold... just like me. She is hugging our space heater and yes it is on and blowing hot air!
She is determined to keep up with Joshua and Lydia...no matter where that takes her!







Although extremely independent, she is learning that sometimes she just needs a little help!














No comments: