Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Circus

Well our friends were able to go home last Tuesday as their electricity came back on. It was great timing...on Wed morning Katherine woke up with a stomach bug, Lydia came down with it on Thursday evening, I got sick Thursday night, and Joshua came down with it on Friday morning. Steve took very good care of us, putting a whole new meaning on "being Doctor" !! The Lord kept Steve healthy...until we were all better. Last night Steve began getting sick. The good news (remember I am ever the optomist), we were healthy enough to go to the Circus. Each year my parents take all the grandkids to the circus. Either Steve or I go just to make sure they can keep up with them all (I am in no way implying that my parents would lose my 2 year old daughter last year while taking photographs of the other kids... only realizing she was gone when the overhead announcement was made about a "little girl" in pink who had lost her parents). Anyway, the elephant ride is a staple with our families so once again this year we climbed onto the 4 ton animal and rode slowly in circles for about 5 mintues. We actually rode a little longer than the others because our elephant pulled over to have a BM. It stunk. In the photo you can see Joshua and myself as well as Julia and Matthew, my brothers kids. Lydia said no way to riding an elephant and Katherine did not go this year. For those of you saying "why not?"...come spend an afternoon with me and you will see. (James Dobson assures me in his books on parenting that she will be a leader one day...so I continue on my course).

2 comments:

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Fun!!

I love how your parent's "didn't" lose a daughter last year. Glad they found her. =)

Marsha said...

Cute pic!!! Looks like fun. Sorry you guys have been sick, but glad you were well for the circus!!! We have one of those "leaders" in our house too!!!