Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009

I have been pondering the past few days the question, "What will 2009 hold for the Baum Family?" Of course, no one but the Lord God really knows what this year will hold. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." A verse I memorized years ago while contemplating which career path to take. I can't remember the reference, I am always bad at the references, and I am to tired to get up and look it up in the Word. Anyway, back to the topic of our upcoming year:

1. We hope to make a phone call to Dave Ramsey late in 09...our "We are debt free!" phone call. We have one more student loan to pay off and then we will be debt free except for our mortgage. What does this mean? Well first it means the Bimini Sunset Teak hardwood floors we have chosen will have to wait another year or so. For Steve, it means another year of Gazelle brand cinnamon rolls (those who have been through Financal Peace Univ. know what I am talking about). Otherwise, it means continuing the financial road we have been on for the past year. As Ramsey says, "we are living like no one else, so one day we can give like no one else."

2. Potty training. I love being a mom, I cherish being a stay-at-home mom. However, I hate potty training. It is the long-term benefit that gets me through. No more diapers (which helps the budget as well)! I will begin potty training Katherine this summer. She already likes to sit on the big potty, and insists on using toilet paper...maybe it won't be so bad after all.

3. Kindergarten. Joshua will begin school this coming fall.

4. Steve will be promoted from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor at the school of medicine. This does not change his job, but it should come with a pay raise (again, helping the budget).

This is what we have come up with thus far. Stay tuned to see what the year does hold!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Since you have potty trained a boy I think I will send Ryan your way!! :)