Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Vacation

Fall break was last week so we took a mini-vacation to Northern Kentucky. We visited the Creation Museum (http://www.creationmuseum.org/) which was incredible. That will most definitely be a post coming soon. The Museum has a petting zoo.

We also visited this great little treasure hidden in the hills of Covington, KY called Totters-Otterville located in Johnny's Toys. There are so many fun activities for the kids to do. We stayed all day. Here are just a few of the things they played...
Lydia caught every pink fish in the pond!








The Veterinarian Clinic was well staffed with our three there to take care of the animals. Joshua has always wanted to be a vet.


Their grocery cart looks like mine usually does with boxes falling off the top. I menu plan which means I only go to the grocery one time a month...except for small trips for items like fruit and milk. Last month I could barely push my cart and I had to carefully tuck the last few items into the sides, otherwise, they would have fallen off the top! I will have to have two carts when they are teenagers!

Okay, the coolest part of our trip was the hotel room we stayed in at Wildwood Inn. The hotel has theme rooms. We stayed in a two story pirate ship. Honestly, I don't know who liked the room more...Steve and I or the kids.
Personally, I think our Captian was quite good looking.

This is our room from the loft area...with a few members of the crew playing on the bed.













No comments: