Sunday, February 14, 2010

Laundry Soup

The kids love exploring the new house, they are particularily intrigued with the laundry shoot, which Katherine in her 2 1/2 year old dialect calls the "laundry soup". I never know what I might find as I sort the clothes because they love putting balls, stuffed animals, and other toys down the shoot.

Today it happened. I knew it was bound to happen. A mom knows her kids. In fact I am surprised it has taken this long. Katherine sent herself down the "laundry soup". I suppose to a 2 year old it looked like an enclosed sliding board. The landing was fairly soft as we had a pile of dirty clothes. She landed with only a bloody lip. No broken bones. No stitches. Thankfully she went feet first. I found out later that Joshua had tried this a few days ago, but could not fit. Lydia started to try but was scared (or is just blessed with some common sense).
So why was I not watching my kids. Oh, you will see. Just look at the precious pictures below. We finished Lydia's pink room. Steve and I were hanging shelves and pictures while the fiasco was being played out.
Lydia has been wanting a pink room "all of my life" she says. And now she has one! And yes, if you can tell she is wearing her button up pajama shirt backwards...don't ask.
Grandma B gave her this bean bag for Christmas. Yesterday at breakfast she told me her dreams had come true...for she had dreamed of a pink pig bean bag...and now she has one.

1 comment:

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

Love that her dream came true! =)