Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School

The supplies. I had so many that the cashier at Walmart asked me if I was a school teacher!




As a child, I loved going back to school in the fall. The new clothes and shoes, sharp crayons, crisp notebooks, and friends. It is a bitter-sweet time as summer is coming to a close - I have always loved summertime, but fall is around the corner. Autumn brings beautiful colors, crisp mornings, holidays, and of course my birthday. I really like autumn also, we have many fun traditions. Although, nothing beats a lazy summer day in the pool. Okay, "lazy" is not an accurate description-but you get my point.
The girls started pre-school today. Lydia goes three days and week and Katherine goes one day a week. Joshua will begin Kindergarten this year, but his school begins later.
(For my OT/PT friends, Katherine's backpack appears huge but really is stuffed with a change of clothes and a blanket for rest time so it is not too heavy!)



No comments: