Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday


My grandma is 90 years old and we celebrated with a big bash! I had relatives in from as far as California for this grand celebration. There were 5 generations present. My Grandma and Grandpa were married at 15 and had 6 children by 22. Today, she has 19 grandchildren (I am the youngest), twenty-something great grand-children, and 6 great-great grandchildren. If known for anything besides her big family it is her incredible cooking, the most famous being her dumplins, pies, and Christmas goodies (potato candy, PB balls, etc). Although, I like her stewed tomatoes and fresh green beans. She has passed these recipes on to the next generations as well. I am already teaching my children how to make her candies, one day I will have the privilege of teaching my grandchildren how to make them as well. And I can tell them stories about their "Mammie" who was born in 1919! Happy Birthday Grandma!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is awesome!
Is this your dad's mom?
Love the cake too!