Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Isaiah 49:16

Lydia keeps us laughing with the things she says. To give you a little background for this one, Joshua sleeps with his door open; we completely close Lydia's and Katherine's bedroom doors.

The other night at about 10:00pm (bedtime is 8:30) she comes down the steps looking quite sad. I said, "Lydia, what is wrong, why are you awake?" She looks at me with her sad, sky blue eyes and says with all sincerity, "I wish Jesus made me a boy." I smiled and said, "Oh Lydia, God made you perfect just the way you are...a beautiful, sweet girl." Then I asked "Why do you wish you were a boy?" She responded, "then I could sleep with my door open tonight."

Isaiah 49:16
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands.
-The LORD God.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Cute story!! Please let that girl sleep with her dor open!! LOL
Marsha

Grace, Hope and Joy said...

So precious!!